- 1 lb. lettuce (or your favorite blend of salad greens)
- 1 lb. grape tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 4-6 small radishes, pared and thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- juice of 3 lemons ( about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and combine with the tomatoes, green onions, cucumber and radishes in a medium-size bowl and toss lightly. To make the dressing, juice the lemons and pour juice into a non-reactive container with a lid, such as a canning jar. Add minced garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil and shake vigorously to combine. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Recipe from P. Allen Smith’s Veggies & Herbs card collection, featuring 27 of Smith’s favorite herbs and vegetables, as well as corresponding recipes for a true garden-to-table experience. Browse this and other P. Allen Smith books and publications at www.pallensmith.com.