- 4 large bell peppers, any color is fine
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt to taste, or about 1/4 tsp.
Quarter peppers and remove seeds, stem and centers. Toss in olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Place on hot grill skin-side down. Grill until skins are lightly charred. This will make them easy to remove. Can be used as a simple and delicious side dish with grilled meats or as a savory addition to pasta, tapenades and spreads.
Recipe from P. Allen Smith’s Veggies & Herbs card collection, featuring 27 of Smith’s favorite herbs and vegetables, as well as corresponding recipes for a true garden-to-table experience. Browse this and other P. Allen Smith books and publications at www.pallensmith.com.