This flavorful salad makes a delicious lunch or summer supper when spooned over crisp lettuce leaves, stuffed into a juicy, ripe tomato, or spread between slices of whole wheat bread.
Yield: 48 appetizer servings or 3 cups chicken salad
- 1 (32-ounce) rotisserie chicken, skinned, deboned, and coarsely chopped (about 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Mexican (or Texas) tarragon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 48 cracker rounds
- Fresh tarragon leaves
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, mixing well. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To serve, spoon about 1 tablespoon chicken salad on each cracker round and garnish with fresh tarragon leaves.